Width/Height minimum : 400 • Size : 32ko • Height : 400px • Width : 400px
Château du Clos de Vougeot
+33 (0)3 80 62 86 09
German, Dutch, Japanese
The crowning glory of winegrowing Burgundy, the Château du Clos de Vougeot is ideally situated between Dijon and Beaune, in the very heart of one of the most famous vineyards in the world – the Clos Vougeot.
As early as the 12th century, the monks of nearby Cîteaux Abbey started to cultivate vines and needed to raise wine buildings for their vast domain. The storehouse (cuverie) with its four monumental wine presses and the great cellar (designed to hold 2000 casks of wine) all date from this period.
In 1551, Dom Loisier, 48th abbot of Cîteaux, decided to complement these agricultural buildings with a vast mansion, a veritable château in the vineyards, complete with kitchen, wine cellars and a magnificent staircase leading on to exceedingly handsome Renaissance salons.
Classified as a historical monument in 1949, the Château du Clos de Vougeot is today the headquarters of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (Confraternity of the Knights of the Tastevin).
Access for disabled • Animation themed • Workshop for Children
Child (8 to 12 years old) escorted by an adult, students and groups: 2.90€
Educational visit (up to 15 years old): 1.70 €