Width/Height minimum : 400 • Size : 57ko • Height : 400px • Width : 400px
Cours du Parc • 21000 Dijon
The town authorities laid out the route of the Cours du Parc in 1671.
Stretching over 1.5 km and flanked by collateral alleyways and four rows of lime trees, the promenade quickly became a firm favourite with the townspeople. This remarkable avenue was considered one of the most beautiful thoroughfares in the realm in the time of Louis XIV.
The entrance (the present-day Place Wilson) is marked by two majestic pillars crowned with garlands.
Most of the houses lining the promenade date from the late 19C or the early 20C, a period when the town’s economic development favoured the emergence of a well-to-do bourgeoisie.
The alleyways have been protected as a classified site by municipal decree since June 1938. They are regularly maintained and ample shade is provided not only by lime trees but also chestnut, maple and ash trees. Together they form an urban promenade of unequalled splendour.