Width/Height minimum : 400 • Size : ko • Height : px • Width : px
Rue Sainte-Anne • 21000 Dijon
The Bernardine nuns settled in the Rue des Crais (the present-day Rue Sainte-Anne) in 1623. They erected the cloisters and buildings which today house the Musée de la Vie Bourguignonne (Burgundian Folklore Museum and the Musée d'Art Sacré (Sacred Art Museum). Vast kitchen gardens and orchards once stretched out behind the buildings.
Part of these gardens have been preserved and restored. The gardens are open to the public who are attracted by the refreshing shade of the lime trees, the lawns and shrubs (access via Rue de Tivoli).