Width/Height minimum : 400 • Size : 444ko • Height : 1361px • Width : 2048px
Canon Félix Kir, mayor of Dijon from 1945 to 1968, always dreamed of building a lake on the western edge of Dijon. His dream became reality in June 1964. The lake is home to swans and ducks, joined over the winter months by seagulls and coots.
At the foot of the railway line running alongside the lake stands the statue of the “grenadier”, the work of the Dijon sculptor Georges Diebolt. The statue comes from the Pont de l’Alma in Paris. It was here that Napoleon reviewed General Brune’s troops on their return from Marengo on 30 June 1800.
Layout: lake (37 hectares), beach (3000 sq. m)
Vegetation: 30 hectares of grass, shrubs and trees (many species)
Facilities: swimming area, sailing area, canoe/windsurfing centre, volley-ball, table tennis, mini-golf, tennis, pétanque, extensive playgrounds.