Width/Height minimum : 400 • Size : ko • Height : px • Width : px
rue Buffon • 21000 Dijon
In the 15C, this garden was part of the medieval abbey of Saint-Etienne whose old door with its high arch can still be seen in Rue Chabot-Charny. In the 18C it became a superb formal garden accompanying the episcopal residence (abbey had become a bishop’s palace in 1731). After the French Revolution, the garden’s size was reduced somewhat when a new street was built.
It was acquired by the municipality in 1972, repaired and rearranged as a landscape garden.
Layout: 2583 sq. m, waterfall framed by rocks.
Vegetation: about 60 broad-leaved trees, a few exotic species.
Features: toddlers’ area, numerous benches, water tap, dog’s toilet.